Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014

It's that time of year again: doggy dress-up day!  

In case you've forgotten, my favorite Halloween tradition is cramming my dog, Penny, into a ridiculous costume.  Remember Dragon Penny?  Or Hula Penny?

Well, say hello to...

FROGGY PENNY!


I seriously have the best dog in the world.  In addition to patiently indulging my need to put googly eyes on top of her head, Penny is a delight on Halloween.  Our trick-or-treat night took place last night, and she was sooooooo excited.


Her tail is a frantically-wagging blur in 90% of the pictures I took and once I got her into her costume, she stood in our kitchen and whined at our front door for at least fifteen minutes.  Since it was "nice" outside (according to my husband; I thought it was freezing), we sat outside with Penny so she could greet everyone.  The neighborhood reactions were the best, from a two-year-old princess who gaped at her like she was a unicorn, to a much-too-old-to-be-trick-or-treating terrifying clown/ape/hobo thing who exclaimed, "Awww!  That's so cute!" and pet her on the head.  And while not everyone guessed that she was a frog, Penny didn't mind being called "Oscar the Grouch" a few times.

Despite the fact that Penny couldn't see (again), this has been her favorite costume by far.  Even my husband thought it was utterly bizarre how excited she'd get every time I went near the outfit all during October.  Apparently, our Cavapoo secretly wishes she was a little green amphibian.

Penny says, "I also wish I could see!  Ribbit!"

Happy Halloween!

I hope you have a fun-filled day brimming with candy, pumpkin lattes, and a never-ending parade of adorable costume-clad pets and kids!   


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! I'll have to dress her up next time we have a manuscript/illustration matting party! ;)

      Delete