Monday, April 22, 2013

Lil' Update and Big Thank You

Hello my lovely blog readers!

Sorry it's been a bit quite around here recently.  Spring is always a busy time for me with tax season at my office.  But now those dreaded taxes have come and gone (kicking my butt in the process), and I can get back to my creative life!  My plate is still full, but now I get to focus on the fun stuff.

So what am I up to?

Oh, just a little bit of "light" reading!

Penny says, "Wouldn't you rather play with me?"

Yes, that Mount Everest of books is my reading preparation for the Wild Wild Midwest Conference.   (It's just a week and a half away now!  Woohoo!)  Ordinarily, I'm way more prepared for conferences by this point, but like I said, tax season was brutal.  If I go MIA over the next week, send a search party; it means I've been buried under an avalanche of novels.  ;) 

As for art, I'm currently working on a few exciting projects.  One is a gift for a special little niece of mine, and the other is the COSCBWI postcard project.  Remember how I said in last week's Illustrator Meeting summary that we were to bring three illustration sketches with us to the meeting?  And then I said I'd show you mine?  Well, here they are!




These three pieces are the first true sketch-work I've done with my new tablet.  (And I learned I LOVE sketching digitally with it!)  I also had lots of fun coming up with ideas that fit the fairy tale/nursery rhyme/fable theme.  So which one of these three sketches am I going to choose for my final postcard?  You'll just have to wait and see...

Lastly, I'm quite overdue for a thank you to you all!  See that number in the corner of your the screen?  My 10,000th pageview milestone flew right by me!  To make matters worse, I also forgot my two-year blog anniversary was last week!  (D'oh!)

I can't believe I've already been blogging for two years!  It seems like only yesterday that I was writing my welcome post...  I want to extend a HUGE thank you to all my loyal readers out there in cyber-land.  I always appreciate your support, kindness, and thoughtful comments.  This blog would be nothing without you.  :)


Now, onward to scale that mountain of books, finish those illustrations, and entertain you for another 10,000 pageviews!

Note: All art and photography in this post are (c) me, Kathryn Powers.  Please do not use them without my permission.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment