Monday, May 7, 2012

Highlights Fantasy Reunion Day 8

Written from the plane:

Sad.
Today was the last day of my Highlights Fantasy Reunion workshop.  We disappeared in ones and twos throughout the morning, our numbers dwindling until just a few of us were left.  We drank some coffee, nibbled on bread with jam, and delayed packing as much as possible.  But alas, all good things must come to an end.  Eventually, I was forced to pack my things, take one last look at my cabin, and hug everyone good bye.  (Although I mentally kicked and screamed the entire time…)

I can’t stress enough how wonderful it is to attend workshops like this.  After just one week of being immersed in the Highlights atmosphere, I feel rejuvenated, confident, and optimistic that someday I can become a published author.  If you are an author or illustrator, you owe it to yourself to try to find the time and funds for opportunities like this.  I think we all walked away from this reunion with a rekindle love of writing and the renewed conviction to keep soldiering on.

Oh, Highlights food.  I will miss you.
Highlights even knows how to end the perfect week with a send-off feast!  (And our brunch buffet was a doozy!)  We enjoyed French toast bread pudding, cauliflower breakfast bake, crispy bacon, potato casserole, and fresh fruit with scrumptious left-over cream cheese and chocolate cupcakes.

Let’s just say that after this week, my soul and stomach are both satisfied.      

No comments:

Post a Comment