Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Resolutions!


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you had a fun time ringing in the new year!  I had a delightful evening snuggling with my hubby and doggy while drinking mead and watching movies.  (Well, the doggy didn't drink mead, but she certainly begged her way to a few pieces of popcorn!)

Now that the festivities are over, it's time to ponder our plans for the new year and make promises to ourselves that we probably aren't going to keep.  (I think we're all guilty of this!)  BUT, you can achieve your array of goals if you set yourself up for success.  While resolutions like, "I'm going to get published in 2012" may sound inspiring, I've found it's better to make smaller, more-attainable pledges.  If you do so, your likelihood for success is much higher AND you build the foundation that can help you reach your ultimate, reach-for-the-stars dreams!

So what are my resolutions for 2012? 

Writing:
~complete another round of revisions on Beast of Bannock manuscript
~finish first draft of "Project Pirate Ferret"
~send out more query letters (blegh)
~catch up (and keep up) with SCBWI bulletins
~continue this delightful blog  :)
~uncover the One Big Secret to publishing success  ;)

Art:
~illustrate one full digital picture a month
~practice drawing humans (NOT my forte)
~learn how to digitally paint fur and grass (again, NOT my forte)
~complete another month or two of the exercise "30 ____ in 30 Days"
~join an online art network
~feel confident enough to throw my hat into the illustrator ring

Pertaining to Health and/or Sanity Well-Being:
~play video games once a week
~take dog for walk twice a week (*does not apply when snow is taller than dog)
~watch all movies that are still in plastic wrap
~try one new recipe per month
~strive to be in bed before midnight
~spend more quality time with my hubby and furry family
~figure out how to clone self

There you go!  You'll note there's nothing ginormous on the list; just small, attainable endeavors that I should be able to accomplish in the next 365 days.  (In fact, I'm already accomplishing my goal to keep up with my blog with this post!  Score!)  And do feel free to get on my case about any of the items above; friendly motivators are the key to success!  What are some of your goals for 2012?

I wish you a happy, healthy, fortunate and creative new year!  Welcome 2012!

Note: Pic is from Google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment